Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Arab women trying to be like western women.

Someone suggested I blog about arabic women, and western women.
this is going to be a very sensitive subject, and some may not agree but I hope that you are willing to agree to disagree :)
so I asked the person, what exactly do I write about arabic women, the person said how a lot of arab women today are trying to be like western women instead of embracing their natural arab beauty. I agree and disagree at the same time.
I believe that many YOUNG girls are trying to be anything but arabs.
But again, not all. I myself dress mostly in jeans and shirts rather than jalabiya or abaya, but then again I live and grew up in America.
I dont know.

one of the girls that came as an example was Aseel Omran, the Saudi Arabian girl that pretty much "broke" all the rules to being a girl from Saudia (according to Khaleeji and most Arabs)


me, personally I love this girl, shes really cute she has a baby face with big beautiful eyes.
but how could she?
  • Show her hair 
  • wear jeans and t-shirts instead of Abaya
  • Wear makeup 
  • Marry a non saudi 
  • Be a singer 
  • Be in a singing competition
  • Be in a reality show for the rest of the world to see her in jeans and t-shirts? 
those are some of the things people in the Arab world in the khaleej area in particular say. according to Arabs, if a girl doesn't follow those rules than she is a wh*re.
wait what? so just because aseel omran is on a reality show with her husband, she is considered a bad person and a disrespect to the arab/khaleeji community. let me remind you that shes never overboard with the way she dresses and she never ever wears something that is considered "SEXY.

I think people should be open-minded and leave this girl alone! I do not see the difference between being outside and people can see your face and being on tv and still people can see your face, yet the one on tv is the "bad" one and the other is normal. if you are going to judge a girl for being on tv and showing her face as bad, than you should judge ALL the girls that simply show their face as bad. its called being a hypocrite.

anyways I hope I didnt offend anyone, that is just my own personal opinion :)
here are some more photos of aseel and her husband khaled :)

هي و هوTheir show which I love is called    

this is the trailer for the show

hope you enjoy


2 comments:

  1. Great topic! No one asked my opinion but I'll speak it out anyway :D. Arabic women are not tryin to be like western women, they're tryin to look good, think good and be good, intellectual and modern people, they can not be that while being traditional women. being traditional denies all those qualifications. I myself am more of a western woman than an Arabic woman. I speak English and French better than Arabic, never wear djellabas or anything like that. But my intention isn't to be western or deny my origins, my intention is to be a successful, independent and good person, and I find that easier to be accomplished by being detached of all the Arabic female qualities. You're welcome for being forced to read an opinion you've never asked for xD And I'd like to know, if you don't mind, where you have lived in America. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post! I totally agree with you on this one!

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete