Saturday, November 24, 2012

The eyes are the windows to the soul

If you asked me "if you had to take any beauty item with you on a stranded island what would you take" my answer would be 100% hands DOWWWWNN.....kohl--or eyeliner. Since I live on campus, I left my eyeliner there..I used a couple of old pencil eyeliners I had and I wasnt satisfied. . I, then,  decided to use my mom's which is a pencil eyeliner...I realized gosh I havent used a pencil eyeliner since 2010 and they suck!!!! 


 Like most arab girls, I like my eyeliner JET BLACK, and I like tons and tons of it, I like it to glide on smoothly and stay there allllll daaaayy!!! Thanks to one of my friends from morocco who gave me her "cone" eyeliner in 2010 after I complimented here on it. if you dont know what a cone eye linear is its THIS

I have been obsessed since. heres was from Saudi Arabia. It literately lasted me years, in fact I still have it but the tip is so round now that I got another one. I got one sent to me from Morocco and it was HORRIBLE, it even said "made in Spain" chaaa! if I wanted European eyeliner I would have got it myself from here without having to get stuff sent from morocco, it went on smoothly however it also went ALL over my face. it was smudging everywhere...HATE IT!

 so one day I was at this Islamic store in Boston where they sell stuff from Arab countries and I came by one!!! and it was 100% kohl without any chemicals and made in an arab country, I knew I found IT! thought it doesnt not compare to the one from Saudi Arabia, it did the job preeeettyy well. I bought it and used it mostly every day and I still have it now a year and months later :D and it was so cheap too! sooo if your interested in getting that exotic eye look, this is the type of eyeliner you want to go for. 

Another secret that ALLL arab girls know about is the actual kohl powder. this is the REAL kohl, the stuff that ppl use to make eyeliner and all, except its legit organic and is actually very good for your eye and has been used for centuries by men women and children to heal eye related illnesses or just ease any pain. when you put it on, it literately feels like mint for your eye, like so refreshing you get that "AHH" feeling, just like you washed your mouth with a strong mouthwash and killed all the germs. My grandmothers use it on a daily basis, my mom and all of my aunts, everyone I grew up with this is what we had in morroco...we didnt have the pencil or cone eyeliners that only became popular recently. THE only thing about it is, you have to apply it with a stick....and this is a very hard task for most people, especially if you havent done it before. I, myself, is getting better at it on a daily basis :)  like this: 

 and it looks like this: (well some modern ones do)
 Kim has defiantly gotten the Arabian eye correct!!

 This, is what it would most likely to look like, a small bottle of the kohl powder, sticks and a stick holder where you can also pour your powder inside
and lastly some more examples of how we like our eyeliner! 



XOXO-SL

4 comments:

  1. There's one of the collection Terracotta from Guerlain as the first picture and he's soooo coooool !!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was young I was obssessed by the khol that my grand-mother always bring to mum from bled. but when I had finally the right to wear make-up, I found myself allergic to it !! :-S Sad, isn't it??
    Great post dear !!
    Lamia
    http://www.ginger-chocolateandhoney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's really interesting, will get my cone eye liner out and use it today :)
    http://pretty-vegan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, where can I find this to buy it in the US?? I LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete