Tuesday, March 15, 2011

EXAM EATING ME ALIVE

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all great. 
Im on my "spring break" week, this semester is flying by, 
Ive realized that I tend to stress my self a lot before,during and recently even AFTER an exam. 
Like I would come home, and remember all the questions and think to myself  "OH MY GOD, I DID THAT WRONG" and than think of all the different ways that I should have done it. its never happen to me before so I dont know about this semester. 
lately my Engineering Mid-term is EATING ME ALIVE. Im thinking of all the negative things, Im thinking of how many things I think I did wrong. especially when that class only has two exams so each exam is worth A LOT. 
I was watching a documentary today and they were talking about how stress literary "makes you stupider", meaning the stress triggers a function in your brain which is the same function that allows you to remember things. and they used a university student as an example (just what I need). saying that you take a GOOD student, give him loads of work stress, he studies a lot but due to the stress he is unable to use his brain to its full capacity, thus making him less smarter than he really is. or less able to use the "weapons" he has (in the brain). which sucks, Ive come across many students that use/smoke marijuana to calm themselves, of course not too much as we know smoking weed does kill your brain cells. so yeah, this guy I know, extremely smart and is always calm and cool and is able to use his brain to its full ability and he is one of the top students. HOWEVER, due to my religious believes, many scholars say that it is forbidden for me to smoke weed, so I am not taking that as an option :( 
although there is no real saying in the Quran that say weed is forbidden, but since a lot of scholars agree its better safe than sorry. 
do you guys have any ideas or tips on how to completely distress, keep calm at all times specially during exams and stuff such as presenting and so forth. 
thank you guys for reading <3
XOXO-SL 

2 comments:

  1. Salam wa alaykum sis.

    Whenever i used to pull all nighters when I was studying I survived by these rules.

    1-even if i do bad, its not the end of the world, it wont ruin my life, just cause a little trouble.

    2-study in spurts, study for 45 minutes or an hour and take Lost of frequent breaks, talk to friends, watch a cartoon, eat something. That way it gives time for your brain to process what you just read without overstimulating.

    3-if you get stuck, or stressed. Stop completely and go relax. THe study is somewhat true, you can burn yourself out so study frequently in small periods with lots of breaks. Organize your studying so you can check your progress.

    I hope that helps. I only drank coffee when I pulled all nighters and didnt sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehem ehem.. now that's great to read :-/ lol joking.. i know what that means, i'm a student too and i blame exams for my coffee addiction and sleep problems .. but u know what, one thing i like about stress, is that is drives me to find better ways in studying, reading, understandidng courses.. i try to keep in that "positivity-inducing" level, because we all know what happens if it hits the sky!
    count me as a follower :) i like your blog

    ReplyDelete